LUXURY HOTELS TOP OF THE WORLD : LUXURY HOTELS TOP
Luxury hotels top of the world : Grand krakow hotel : Hotel in luzern
Luxury Hotels Top Of The World
- (Luxury hotel) A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including
- are like a small towns in themselves. Luxury refers to combination of facilities and style and something which one don't normally experience at home.
- biggest consumers of energy in homes and buildings, which are heating
- people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
- All of the people, societies, and institutions on the earth
- Denoting one of the most important or influential people or things of its class
- The earth, together with all of its countries, peoples, and natural features
- global: involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
- universe: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- Be at the highest place or rank in (a list, poll, chart, or league)
- the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"
- Exceed (an amount, level, or number); be more than
- Be taller than
- top(a): situated at the top or highest position; "the top shelf"
- exceed: be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
Top of the Mark at the Mark Hopkins San Francisco
The magnificent Mark Hopkins Hotel opened in 1926 atop San Francisco’s historic Nob Hill. Built by hotelier George D. Smith, and named after railroad tycoon Mark Hopkins, the 19-story luxury hotel was designed by the San Francisco-based architectural firm Weeks & Day. In 1939, Smith decided to turn the hotel’s 19th floor penthouse suite into a cocktail lounge with 360 degree views. The lounge, named “The Top of The Mark,” was an overnight success.
During World War II, it is said that San Francisco servicemen would gather at The Top of The Mark for a final toast before heading out to duty. The Golden Gate Bridge was thought to be a symbol of good luck and honoring it would ensure their safe return home. Today, the Mark Hopkins’ beauty and unique history make it a popular destination for both locals and visitors from around the world.
Image taken from 1964 hotel brochure.
Top of the Rock
Taken from the Top of the Rock in New York City.
Not as sharp as I would had liked, but had to pump up the ISO and handheld the shot because no tripods are allowed on the top of the 'Rock.'
More to come from the NYC trip in the coming days/weeks.
D300 & Nikkor 16-35 ?/4
1/80 second (handheld)
mayfair hotel uk
disney caribbean beach resort hotel
bed and breakfasts in brussels
peninsula hotel hong kong
ireland bed and breakfast tour
hotel country internacional
hotel for sale in usa
hotel near tf green airport
Post a comment